Sex dating in maidenhead berkshire
The St Paul's workhouse then accommodated 125 inmates.
In 1731, Woolwich opened a parish workhouse at Rope Yard Rails. The Greenwich Poor Law Union was formed on 18th November 1836.
At the centre of the main block were the Master's quarters, with a T-shaped chapel/dining-hall behind.
Various rooms opened off the central corridor for the various classes of inmates, including ones for 'bad women'. Greenwich Woolwich Road part of ground-floor plan, 1844.
Its operation was overseen by an elected Board of Guardians, 20 in number, representing representing its 4 constituent parishes as follows (with numbers of Guardians for each): Greenwich (8); St Nicholas, Deptford (3); St Paul, Deptford (4); Woolwich (5).
THAT no Person be admitted into the House, but on the Committee-day, except on some extraordinary Occasion.The average annual poor-rate expenditure for the period 1834-36 had been £22,574.In 1839, to provide better segergation of the different classes of inmate, the children be sent to St Paul, Deptford, the women, with the infirm men and married people, to Greenwich, and the remainder of the men to Woolwich.[Up to 1834] [After 1834] [Staff] [Inmates] [Records] [Bibliography] [Links] Greenwich's first parish workhouse was opened in 1724, next to St Alphege's Church.In 1725, the first edition of An Account of Several Workhouses...